Technical Team Lead
Are you passionate about leading talented engineering teams that build high-performance, large scale learning management systems that are used by thousands of students? Our team builds products that empower content creators to monetize their content by creating online courses and our clients range from solopreneurs who teach music online all the way to ivy league colleges in the US that use our tools to create online learning schools. We use PHP and other open-source technologies like Moodle, Canvas, WordPress etc.
- 5+ years of experience working in software companies in any capacity
- 2+ years of people management experience, managing teams of engineers, software developers and/or programmers
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Experience with delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Experience leading through leaders and leading multiple teams.
- Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain our products and websites.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of our products and websites.
- Design, develop, and unit test plugins/add-ons and extensions in accordance with established standards.
- PHP, WordPress, CakePHP/Laravel, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- OOP, design patterns.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes