Incentivize your affiliates to recruit sub-affiliates of their own and create a thriving network of marketers, each working to promote your offerings.
The AffiliateWP Sub Affiliates add-on allows users to become sub-affiliates, registering on your site using a referral link. Sub Affiliates can then generate their own unique referral links of products and on every sale, generating a profit for their corresponding main Affiliate, while also generating their own commissions.
An Affiliate (parent) can have multiple sub-affiliates (child) but sub-affiliates (child) can only have one affiliate (parent).
Table of content
- License Activation
- General Settings
- Sub Affiliates List
- Flow of AffiliateWP Sub Affiliates
- Install and activate the AffiliateWP plugin.
- Install and activate the AffiliateWP Sub Affiliates.
- There will be a sub-menu labeled “Sub Affiliates” under the menu of AffiliateWP on the WP Dashboard.
The license key can be added here. Place your license key in the field and click on Activate.
License keys can be found in the email received when you purchased the addon.
Parent Referral Rate Type
Here you can choose the referral rate type for the Parent or main affiliate. Referrals can be based on either a percentage or a flat rate amount.
Flat Rate Referral Basis
In this field, you can set the basis on which the flat rate commission will be awarded. Commission can be selected based on Per product sale or Per order.
Parent Referral Rate
Here you can set the Parent Referral Rate which could be in percentage or a flat rate.
Sub Referral list Front End
Enabling this toggle will show the Sub Affiliate tab on the frontend affiliate area. This allows you to display a list of all sub affiliates of an Affiliate.
Parent Referral list in Front End
Enabling this toggle will show the Parent Referral tab on the frontend affiliate area. This allows you to display a list of all of the commissions that an Affiliate (Parent) earns.
If you want to apply the same payment status for both Parent and Child in a single click, then enable this toggle. Applying any action on any one (Parent/ Child) will automatically be implemented on the 2nd one (Child/ Parent).
Sub Affiliates List
This tab shows the list of all of the sub-affiliates (child) along with their data like Parent User Name, Referral ID, Description, Status, and Date.
Flow of AffiliateWP Sub Affiliates
- A User will visit the site and then register himself as an Affiliate.
- This Affiliate user (Parent) will generate its Referral link from the Affiliate URLs tab.
- Affiliate user will then promote/ share its link on different platforms.
- Any person that clicks on this link of Affiliate user, will land on the site.
- Now this person decides to join the affiliate program and register himself as an affiliate.
- This new person will become the SubAffiliate (Child) and his Parent will be the Affiliate.
- Now when this SubAffiliate sells any product through his referral link, both the main Affiliate and SubAffiliate will earn a commission.
Note: Affiliates and Sub Affiliates, both will have their individual profits. Sub-Affiliates profit will be set from the AffiliateWP > Settings while the Affiliates profit will be set from Sub Affiliates > General Settings.
Is there any hierarchy/ tree available to understand the parent-child relationship?
On the backend you can check the child details from the Sub Affiliates List tab while on the frontend the Sub Affiliate tab will show the details.
Can a Parent (main affiliate) have multiple children (Sub-Affiliates)?
Yes, an Affiliate can have multiple Sub-affiliates. There is no limitation on sub-affiliates.
From where can we set the Affiliate (parent) commission?
The Affiliate commission can only be set from the General Settings tab. Commision can be selected based on Per product sale or Per order.
Is it possible that sub-affiliate profit can be compromised i.e. will the Affiliate Commission be deducted from Sub-Affiliate Profit?
No, Both Affiliate and Sub-Affiliate have their individual Profit. Sub-Affiliates profit will be set from the AffiliateWP > Settings while the Affiliates profit will be set from Sub Affiliates > General Settings.