The LearnDash Announcements Pro add-on allows you to share and publish the course, lesson, topic, and quiz announcements on the main course, lesson, topic, and quiz pages, respectively. Admin can also specify announcements to be exclusively shown to specific user roles and groups.
Table of Content
- Activate Your License Key
- Add Announcements
- Announcements Lists
- Announcements on The Frontend
- Install the LearnDash plugin & activate it.
- Install the LearnDash Announcement Pro add-on and activate it.
- There will be a new “Announcement Pro” entry within the LearnDash menu.
Activate Your License Key:
The license key can be configured from the License Option tab, found on the “Announcement Pro” menu. License keys will be sent to your email address when you purchase the add-on.
Insert your license key in the field and then click on Activate.
To add new announcements navigate to the “Add Announcement” tab.
- Course List: Here you can select the courses to which you want to add the announcement.
- Lesson List: Here you can select the lessons to which you want to add the announcement.
- Topic List: Here you can select the topics to which you want to add the announcement.
- Quiz List: Here you can select the quizzes to which you want to add the announcement.
- User Role: Here you can select the user roles for which you want to add the announcement.
- Group List: Here you can select the groups to which you want to add the announcement.
- Announcement File Attachment: Upload a file here, if you want to attach it to the announcement.
- Announcement Title: Enter the title of the announcement in this field.
- Announcement Details: Here you can add the details of the announcements. This field contains the actual message or text of the announcement that will be displayed.
- Announcement Date Started: Here, select the starting date and time of the announcement.
- Announcement Date Ended: Here, select the ending date and time of the announcement.
- Announcement After The Lesson Is Complete: Enable this toggle if you want to show announcements only when the student completes the lesson.
- Announcement After The Topic Is Complete: Enable this toggle if you want to show announcements only when the student completes the topic.
After adding details of all of the required options, click on the “Add Announcement” button. A confirmation popup will appear on the page and the announcement will be created.
To view the announcements you have created, navigate to the “Announcements List” tab. Here you will see a list of all the announcements.
You’ll see the following additional columns for each announcement:
- Title: This shows the title of the announcement.
- Details: This shows the details or content of the announcement.
- Enable/Disable: Here you’ll find a toggle that allows you to enable or disable the announcement being displayed.
- Data Schedule: This column shows the Start and End dates of the announcements.
- Delete: To delete an announcement, click on the delete icon available in the “delete” column.
- Edit/More Detail: By clicking on the edit icon a popup will appear and from here you can edit the announcements having all of the same options that were available while creating an announcement.
To delete announcements in bulk, first select the announcements which you want to delete and then click on the “Bulk Delete” button. A confirmation notification will pop up once the announcements will be deleted.
Announcements on The Frontend:
Can we enable/disable assignments in bulk?
No, this feature is not yet implemented.
Will students receive emails about new announcements?
No, the email alert is not yet implemented.
Is a popup notification available on the front end?
No, announcements will only be visible within the tab.