The LearnDash Quiz Retake add-on allows your students to retake any quizzes where they don’t achieve a perfect score. During a retake, students are only presented with questions they answered incorrectly on the previous attempt. When students begin to disengage from their learning or abandon the course completely, a progress reset can be a useful tool to get them back on track. By starting the course over, students can revisit the content they may have forgotten, reigniting that spark for learning that may have been lost.
Table of Content
- LearnDash Retake Quiz Settings
- Retake Settings
- Specific Courses
- Specific Lessons
- Specific Topics
- Specific Quizzes
- Exclude Quizzes
- Exclude Users
- Allow Retake Quizzes for Specific Groups, Quiz Categories, Quiz Tags
- Specific Groups
- Specific Quiz Categories
- Exclude Groups
- Restricted Quizzes for retake by LearnDash Quiz Settings
- Restart Quiz Button is disabled by LearnDash Quiz Settings for Quizzes
- Course/ Lesson/ Topic Progress Reset
- Quiz Completion
- Delete Retake Quiz Data
- Retake Quiz Logs
- Install and activate the “LearnDash” plugin.
- Install and activate the “LearnDash Retake Quiz” add-on.
- A new sub-menu, “Retake Quiz,” will be added under the LearnDash LMS menu.
- Click on “Retake Quiz” to configure the LearnDash Retake Quiz Settings.
Learndash Retake Quiz Settings:
The license key can be registered in LearnDash > Retake Quiz > License Option. By registering a valid license, you will get automatic updates.
Allow Retake Quizzes:
This option allows you to enable the retake quiz functionality. When enabled, students will be able to retake the quiz unless all the questions are correctly answered. Only incorrect questions will be included on the retake.
Allow Quiz Delay:
When this option is enabled, students will have to wait a determined period of time before starting another quiz attempt.
Quiz Retake Delay:
Quiz retake delay will stop the user from retaking a particular quiz repeatedly. The user will be unable to take the specific quiz until the delay time.
Allow Retake Limit:
This option lets you enable setting a limit for the number of quiz retakes each user can attempt.
Quiz Retake Limit:
Using this option you can set a limit for the number of times each student can retake a quiz. After exceeding the limit, the user will be unable to retake the quiz again.
Delete Previous Quiz Attempt:
This option lets you save the last quiz attempt and remove all the previous quiz attempts.
Allow Negative Marking:
This option allows you to enable negative marking on your quizzes. By enabling this option, you will be able to deduct LearnDash points if the student answers a question incorrectly.
You can select how many points will be deducted on the “Negative Marking” metabox, located on the right sidebar of each question’s edit page.
Allow Retake Logs:
This option lets you enable/disable the quiz retakes log.
Retake Settings will be available if the corresponding options from the General Settings tab are checked.
LearnDash retakes quiz settings will only be applied to selected groups and courses/lessons/topics and quizzes.
Here you can choose the courses for which quiz retakes will be enabled.
Here you can choose the lessons for which quiz retakes will be enabled..
Here you can choose the topics for which quiz retakes will be enabled.
Here you can choose the specific quizzes for which retakes will be enabled.
- If you have selected the lesson or topic without selecting the course, and you return to the course field for selection, the previously selected lesson or topics will be reset.
- If you select a quiz or quizzes here, then the retake quiz add-on’s functionality will be applied only to the chosen quiz/quizzes. If no quiz is selected here, then the retake quiz option will be applied to all quizzes.
The retake quiz add-on’s functionality will be disabled for the selected quizzes in this field.
Retakes will be disabled for the users selected in this field You can select multiple users.
Allow Retake Quizzes for Specific Groups, Quiz Categories, Quiz Tags:
Enabling this feature will display the fields allowing you to select and enable retakes for specific groups.
Here you can choose the groups for which retake quizzes will be available.
Specific Quiz Categories:
Here you can choose the quiz categories for which retake quizzes will be available.
Quiz retakes will be disabled for the selected groups. You can select multiple groups.
Restricted Quizzes for retake by LearnDash Quiz Settings::
If there is any quiz on your LearnDash LMS website and its settings are conflicting with the Retakes Quiz Add-on settings, they will be listed here.
Restart Quiz Button is disabled by LearnDash Quiz Settings for Quizzes:
If there is any quiz on your LearnDash LMS website and its restart button’s settings are conflicting with the Retakes Quiz Add-on settings, they will be listed here.
Course/ Lesson/ Topic Progress Reset:
If you want to automatically reset the progress of course, lesson and topic when user fails the Quiz then you have to enable the “Course/ Lesson/ Topic Progress Reset” toggle.
Disallow Completion Message:
This option allows you to disable the quiz completion message that is displayed at the end of any quiz.
Quiz Completion Message:
From here, the user can set the custom message he/she wishes to be displayed only when the Allow Retake Quizzes feature is enabled, and the user has completed the quiz.
Delete Retake Quiz Data:
From here, the user can delete the quizzes’ data. There are two options supported by the plugin.
- Delete Users Retake Quiz Data: This deletes data from the users. This selection offers further two options.
- Delete all user’s data
- Delete specific users data
- Delete quizzes Retake Quiz Data: This deletes the quiz data for the quizzes. This selection offers further two options.
- Delete All Quizzes data
- Delete Specific quizzes data
The LearnDash Retake Quiz data can also be deleted by navigating to the WP profile and enabling the option for permanently deleting user’s data under “LearnDash Retake Quiz”.
Retake Quiz Logs:
This tab will be available if you have allowed the log entries for the retake quiz plugin. This tab will contain the log entries on the use of the Retake Quiz plugin. By clicking on “Clear logs” you can also delete the logs generated for the retakes.
After activating the LearnDash Retake Quizzes add-on, where I can find “Retake Quiz” settings?
You have to follow this simple path, WP Dashboard > LearnDash LMS > Retake Quiz.
How does the LearnDash Retake Quizzes add-on works?
On every quiz retake, the user has to answer the incorrect questions only.
For example: If a user takes a quiz “quiz 1” has 10 questions. But the user answers only 6 questions correctly, On the quiz retake the user has to answer only those 4 incorrect questions and so on.
Can I set the quiz retake options only for the quizzes associated with the specific course/lesson/topic?
Yes, to do so you have to check the “Allow Retake Quizzes To specific Courses” option under the “general settings” at the “Learndash Retake Quiz Settings” page.
Can I set the quiz retake options only for the specific quiz/quizzes?
Yes, to do so you have to choose that specific quiz/quizzes for the field “Specific Quizzes”, under the “general settings” at the “Learndash Retake Quiz Settings” page.
How does the negative marking option work?
If a user answers a question incorrectly, the system will deduct those numbers of points added at the “Negative Marking” meta box on the edit/add question page. On quiz retake, if the user answers correctly, the user will get full marks.
What if I want to exclude some quizzes from Quiz retake options?
It’s simple, you just have to choose such quizzes for the “Exclude Quizzes” field under general settings at the “Learndash Retake Quiz Settings” page and update the settings.
General Settings options are not showing.
General Settings will be available if the corresponding options from the “Enable/Disable Features” tab are checked/enabled.
Can I restrict the students from taking already completed quizzes?
Yes, You can restrict the students from taking already completed quizzes and a custom message will be displayed to them.
- Added Option in quiz completion to override retake message.
- Add-on translations.
- Quiz retakes delete logs.
- Quiz retake delete options.
- Quiz summary indicators issue.
- Reduced API requests for checking license Validity.
- Compatibility issues with latest versions of WordPress and LearnDash
- The quiz progress bar on the quiz completion issue has been fixed.
- Added the “Clear Logs” button.
- Added Ajax-based dropdowns on the retake setting page, for faster page load.
- Retake logs will display retake quizzes logs only.
- Removed the “Retake” sub-menu page from the group leader profile page.
- Option to delete previous quiz attempt on retake
- Option to exclude certain questions to reappear from second attempt onwards
- Retake quiz feature not working with “ld_quiz” shortcode
- Compatibility issues with the latest versions of WordPress and LearnDash
- Option to display the number of quiz retake/retries left on the front-end
- Retake report for group admins
- Quiz complete action hook was not triggering
- Strings translations
- Question overview color feedback, and quiz summary
- Added new option to disallow quiz
- Revamp quiz complete check issue
- Option to delete selected users and selected quiz retake data
- Fixed embedding shortcode issue for quiz complete message
- Fixed retake reset data option for non-admin user
- Made the add-on compatible with WPProQuiz DB table name
- Restricted users to reattempt the quizzes once they completed it
- Displayed message on quiz page when reattempting a completed quiz
- Added option to edit/update the quiz completed message
- Made the add-on compatible with LearnDash version 3.1.1
- Fixed total question count issue when creating quiz result
- Made the add-on compatible with LearnDash version 18.104.22.168
- Added option to enable/disable retake wrong questions, allow negative marking, and retake quiz delay features separately
- Fixed licensing issue